What to consider when buying a new laptop
When getting a new laptop, there are several important factors to consider to ensure that you choose the right one for your needs. Here are some key considerations:
1.Purpose and Usage:
– Determine the primary purpose of the laptop. Is it for work, gaming, content creation, casual use, or a combination of these?
– Consider the specific tasks you’ll be performing, such as word processing, graphic design, gaming, programming, or video editing.
– Choose an operating system that suits your needs, whether it’s Windows, macOS, or Linux.
– Processor (CPU): Select a CPU with sufficient power for your tasks. Look for Intel Core or AMD Ryzen processors, and consider the number of cores and threads.
– RAM: Aim for at least 8GB of RAM for basic tasks, but 16GB or more is recommended for multitasking and demanding applications.
– Storage: Decide between HDD (slower but cheaper) and SSD (faster and more reliable). An SSD is highly recommended for improved performance.
– Integrated graphics are fine for everyday tasks, but for gaming or graphics-intensive work, consider a laptop with a dedicated GPU (Graphics Processing Unit).
– Screen size: Choose a size that suits your preferences and portability needs (e.g., 13-15 inches for general use, 17 inches for gaming or content creation).
– Resolution: Higher resolutions provide sharper images. Full HD (1920×1080) is standard, but consider 4K if you need high-quality visuals.
– Panel type: IPS panels offer better color accuracy and wider viewing angles.
– Determine your mobility needs. If you need to use your laptop on the go, prioritize models with longer battery life.
– Weight and dimensions: Consider the laptop’s size and weight for portability.
– Build quality: Look for durable materials, especially if you plan to travel frequently.
– Check the availability of essential ports (USB-C, USB-A, HDMI, etc.) to ensure compatibility with your devices.
– Consider Wi-Fi standards (e.g., Wi-Fi 6) for faster internet connectivity.
9.Keyboard and Touchpad:
– Test the keyboard for comfort and key travel, especially if you’ll be typing extensively.
– Check the responsiveness and accuracy of the touchpad or trackpad.
– Look for laptops with good speakers or consider using headphones or external speakers for better audio quality.
11.Price and Budget:
– Set a budget range and stick to it, considering both the upfront cost and potential long-term costs (upgrades, accessories, software).
12.Brand and Warranty:
– Research reputable laptop brands known for quality and customer support.
– Check the warranty terms and support options provided by the manufacturer.
13.Reviews and Recommendations:
– Read reviews and seek recommendations from friends, online forums, or experts to get insights into the laptop’s performance and reliability.
– Consider whether the laptop will meet your needs for the foreseeable future. Some flexibility in terms of upgradability can be valuable.
– Evaluate the security features, such as fingerprint readers, facial recognition, and the option for hardware-based security like TPM.
16.Ergonomics and Comfort:
– Think about factors like the laptop’s design, weight, and how comfortable it is to use for extended periods.
– Ensure that the laptop supports the software and applications you’ll be using, whether it’s specific work-related software or games.
– Consider laptops with eco-friendly certifications or those with energy-efficient components.
By carefully considering these factors and prioritizing your specific needs, you can make an informed decision when purchasing a new laptop that aligns with your requirements and budget.
1. ASUS ROG Strix G16 (2023) Gaming Laptop
The Asus ROG Strix Scar 16 is the best Asus gaming laptop we’ve seen yet overall. It’s not as powerful as the 18-inch Scar 18, but it’s infinitely more portable and therefore far more useable in real life settings.
2. Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 6 Laptop (2023 Model)
Amazing power, stunning visuals. Powerful ISV-certified 16″ mobile workstation. Intel vPro with 13th Gen Intel Core processors NVIDIA discrete graphics. Display options include factory-color calibrated OLED touchscreen Enhanced liquid-metal cooling design to boost performance.
3. SAMSUNG 15.6" Galaxy Book3 Business Laptop Computer
Power through the day’s projects with a long-lasting 54Wh (Rated) battery for up to 14 hours of runtime. Then grab a coffee as you top up your laptop with up to 5.2 hours of video runtime in just 30 minutes — with a light and compact charger that even works with all your Samsung Galaxy devices.
4. HP 2023 Newest Chromebook Laptop, 14 Inch Display
- 【Connectivity 】 Stay connected with WiFi5 and Bluetooth built in, 1x USB 3.1 Type-C, 2x USB 3.0 Type A, 1x Headphone/Speaker/Line-Out Jack, enabling you to stay connected and access the internet wirelessly.
- 【Operating System】The laptop runs on Chrome OS, Google’s lightweight operating system designed for quick boot times, seamless integration with Google services, and a wide range of web-based applications. It provides a secure and streamlined computing experience.
5. Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Intel Core i5-1135G7 Windows 11 (20GB RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD)
- Premium RAM Experience improved multitasking with higher bandwidth thanks to 20GB RAM (Model: 7EH99AAABB)
- Storage Enjoy up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive with 1TB M.2 PCIe storage
- Processor 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 2.4GHz 4-Core Processor (8MB Intel Smart Cache, up to 4.2GHz)
- Display 15.6” FHD (19201080), IPS, Anti-Glare, Touch, 45percentNTSC, 300 nits, 60Hz, LED Backlight, Narrow Bezel
- Operating System Windows 11 Home, 64-bit, US English
- Model Year: 2023